Every now and then I will do a commission…so I thought I would share a couple in process photos of a print edition I did recently for a Miranda Rights Symposium. I had not done any printmaking in quite sometime. So, I was excited to see what I could figure out. For these prints, I hand carved a linoleum block with text and then hand burnished each print. The next layer was printed from some found textures. The final layer is a collage piece, printed from another block that I also carved. It was a lot of trial and error before I settled on a process that lead to the desired result. In the end the prints were framed and given as a commemorative gift to the guest speakers of the symposium.
Advertisements